Tutorial on How to Sew DIY Pixie Wings
What you will need
- Sewing Machine
- A pair of Scissors to cut your thread
- Your Bodysuit or Top that you will be working on today
- Your Blankish DIY Pixie Wings
- Thread to match your DIY Pixie Wings & Bobbin thread to match your Bodysuit/Top
Stitch Length Setting: Select a straight stitch on your machine. I like a 3.5mm or 4mm stitch length – just in case I make a mistake and have to unpick it. Once you get the hang of it (and it doesn’t take long – you can select a 2.5mm-3mm stitch length.) You will just be sewing a straight line starting from the top of the shoulder each time and then sewing down to the arm pit. Follow the simple Step by step instructions below.
- Starting on the right side with the top facing away from you like the photo. Align the shoulder seem perpendicular to the midpoint of Pixie Wing (folding it in half to find the midpoint). You are going to want to position the Pixie Wing 1-2mm over the bias binding around the arm hole. So that you don’t see the the bias binding.
When you get to the end of the Pixie Wing tip, do a few back stitches to secure the tip. It’s a good idea to stich along the V shape to keep it flat (it may curl up in the wash if it is against something in the basket) Once you have done that, simply cut your threads and now we turn the top around as we are going to start from the top of the shoulder down the front side of the top and end at the arm pit. The reason why we do this is for the smaller sizes especially in rompers where the pixie wing tips will meet eachother and sometimes overlap — we want them to overlap facing the back so it looks smoothe from the front.Next Step
Starting from the top fo the shoulder, sew a straight stich all the way down the the tip and do a few back stitches to secure. Then repeat steps 1-5 again on the other shoulder.Return to Step 1
Great work! You’re finished
Now that you’re done, we’d love to see your work. Tag Blankish on your Instagram or Facebook. Bonus points if we see your handy work on TikTok
We would love your feedback on these instructions. Please take a moment to complete the form below